Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Broken Time

You know recently I’ve had a big shock from things in my past resurfacing. While I have always looked forward and never regretted much of anything lately I’m in this really bizarre state of “what if”. Needless to say I believe that people enter our lives for specific reasons unknown to us at that time only to later reveal a much clearer picture.

I’ve come across a few friends lately that are going through some issues within their personal life and it always seems like I’m the one with all of this magical advice. While I believe that what I say is sound it’s so strange to hear others talk themselves out of what they know they feel. I always try to force others to look at things through the eyes of another person and remove them from the situation and put their emotions aside. Ironically enough they’re always able to spot out and tell you what you should do in these situations which are identical yet, they’re not able to see it themselves. I used to get lost in wonderment as to why the human psyche will allow you to make excuses for your life and be OK with it. I personally had this issue with many things in my life until I woke up one day and said I’m holding myself accountable for the things that I can control. No one cares if I work out, run, or eat healthy. But I'll tell you who does... Me When I do something bad or fall of the wagon I quickly remind myself to get back on track and focus. I’ve allowed myself the opportunity to right my wrongs, not make excuses for them. I’m tired, I need something fast, I’m sore….. Seriously come on who am I kidding, while this may fly and the outsiders may think this is a valid reason. I know this is no reason this is an excuse. I’m so sick of excuses I’m a person of accountability and results.

Very recently I found myself in a situation that I kept making excuses for someone and kept allowing them to continue to do the same things over and over again. Not until I was able to muster the courage to take control of “MY” life and grow did I realize how much time I wasted. I’m notorious for sticking around much longer than I should of or had to. Call it loyalty, optimism, belief call it whatever you’d like because at the end of the day it’s an excuse a crutch have you.

I’ve give so much “Broken Time” to others that I’ve missed out on my own life and happiness. I refuse to be in a situation that makes me unhappy. Life is way too short to be miserable. A very good friend of mine once told me that if the person you’re with doesn’t make you feel like a king leave them because someone will. They informed me that I should not waste my short time on this planet in a miserable state, but rather use it to search out that one thing that will make me happy.

Now that all of this has become so clear to me I ask if you’ve got “Broken Time” in your life, you my friend have already given up...

No comments: