Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Inside Your Outward Self...

Well I've been absent awhile life has been busy but hey that's what this crazy journey is all about.

I had a race over the weekend it was just a short 5K and I've been doing 4 miles pretty consistently at lunch so I thought hey no big deal. Man was I wrong first off at lunch I run in a secluded area so I can take my shirt off, I'm way too modest to do that in a group of people. Regardless if I have a six pack or a beer belly that's just not my style. So I had my regular Dry Fit shirt on which was far from dry by the time the race ended. Secondly I run with very little inclines as there's just a lot of flat land here. So the race starts going up a bridge and ends going up that same bridge. I did it in 25:27 not my best time by far but considering the sweltering heat I'll call it a push.

The nice thing about this bring me to the title of this blog "Inside Your Outward Self". You see I run because I sit in a office all day and I love to be active. I run at lunch to break up the day and it's also a great mental exercise since the heat and humidity this time of the year are just plain Nasty. Plenty of water for this parched body please! I know that if I can do this at least 4 out of the 5 days in a work week then hey I can do anything fitness related. The real reason that I started running at lunch is because I'm doing the P90x stuff at night. I used to run then do P90 or vice versa. That was just too much at one time it would wipe me out. So out of convenience I've moved it to the lunch hour. Now granted if my lazy ass could get up at 5AM and run that would be even better but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

OK so no the real reason for this blog since the background has been covered. This whole exercise thing for most I don't think do it for the right reason. Most of the people that I know that want to change their lives and look better are doing it for the Outward Self. Hey don't get me wrong this is great and this is what everyone thinks about or sees when they first see you. But this whole bust your ass for 4 hours a day working out thing is so much more than that. That's just an added benefit if you will. The mental stimulation and growth of pushing yourself is so incredibly rewarding. The funny thing is that most people who exercise will eventually learn this. Though this may not be the driving factor in getting fit, if you do it the right way you will eventually come to this point. I've always tried to push people and let them know that your body will quit before you mind will. Most people just can't get past this. If you can break down these walls and get in touch with your Inner Self you will be able to accomplish things you've never imagined. This isn't just for exercise this is for life in general.

Don't give up or get discouraged but instead learn from your setbacks and improve on them. Do something and do it well this is how you will find out what your Inner Self is made of.

This in turn will help your Outward Self Shine!

No comments: