Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Broken

I’ve been watching the Casey Anthony trial since it’s right in my backyard and I have to tell you that it’s been an incredible journey. When I first started watching this I can’t lie I was hoping to see the train wreck that would unfold. But as time went on I’ve really had a change of heart on this whole trial thing. I’m not going to lie from Day 1 I thought this selfish bitch was always guilty. Any person regardless of who you are if your child is missing I don’t think you’d be out partying and enjoying yourself. I understand we all grieve differently but I can hardly see how partying and acting like you’re not a mother is an acceptable way to grieve. The other family members seem to be more concerned about her own daughter than she was. Even to this day through all the lies and twisted tales Casey has fed us I can look past it and try to disect the rationale behind her actions. OK she’s a pathological liar I get it. But I can’t look past her sheer disregard and lack of compassion towards not only her own daughter but her family.

I don’t always have the best relationship with my extended family but I can tell you if one of them ended up missing I’d be doing everything I could to find them.

OK the vent is over now to the point of this post.

Watching Casey’s father(George) on the stand you can see a broken man, and it saddens me to the deepest core of my soul to see another human being go through this. I’m not that emotion(mainly because I’m a guy) but this is killing me inside. Watching this poor man go through all of this trama as his daughter sits there with no emotion and accuses him of unspeakable things just furthers my belief that she’s a monster. I’ve never seen another human being go through emotions like this. You can tell without certainty that his emotions are 100% raw and sincere. I think that it’s even harder to watch since it’s a man, and most men are supposed to be strong(that's the whole Alpha Male in me) and be able to handle anything. To see this man being broken down over time like this until the complete destruction of what he has become today is heartbreaking.

Now on the flipside of this I see that Casey just doesn’t seem to care about anything that doesn’t impact her. It’s so blatantly obvious that the only reason she’s even sad is because she can get in trouble. I don’t think that there’s an ounce of guilt in her mind and the only thing that she is worried about is herself. The worst thing is that she has seem to have forgotten that she even had a daughter and she’s now gone forever.

Both of these people are broken, for very different reasons and in very different ways….

No comments: