Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Artificial Intelligence

Very recently I took a keen eye towards couples interactions. While ironically I believe that most people who are together are not completely happy with each other but do nothing about it to change things. So I guess this kind of goes along the lines of the whole are you living or are you existing?

Needless to say I’m a people watcher I always have been and always will be. It’s so entertaining and I’ve made a lifetime out of reading people, so for the most part I believe that I am a good judge at first on what’s going on. So this bring me to my point about this post “Artificial Intelligence” .

While at face value “Artificial Intelligence” may mean some super interactive counter intuitive logic designed to interact with you on a level which would rival human interaction. So I’m not defining it in that sense at all but instead the empty feeling that exists in most people’s relationships.

So I’ve always been a big believer of the whole you’ve got to try harder as the relationship develops not while you’re in the honeymoon stage. You don’t even have to do anything you just have to show up in the beginning. The other person is lusting after the knowledge you’ll provide them. Here’s an example: When’s the last time you talked on the phone with your other half for more than 30 minutes and it wasn’t a fight? When’s the last time you two had a make out session, and it ended there? There’s a quote from a song that I think is absolutely perfect in describing this:

Some people say that love's a losin' game
You start with fire but you lose the flame
The ashes smolder but the warmth's soon gone
You end up cold and lonely on your own

Seriously I don’t know if you realize the power of these lyrics but tell me honestly tell me that nearly every relationship is exactly that.

So now that we’ve discussed the whole “Artificial Intelligence” concept lets dissect it. So very recently I was standing in line when I noticed this elderly couple in front of me, they weren’t holding hands or even doing a whole lot, but they had this aura about them. You knew they loved each other and it was cute, watching them interact you could completely understand that they not only knew each other but accepted each other. They didn’t say much but you just knew there was no question in your mind that they were traveling the same journey. On the other hand looking around at the rest of the people I could easily suggest everyone was just existing in their relationship. Whether it be for the kids, the convenience or fear of change it’s very obvious.

Why is this such an oddity? What isn’t the oddity the whole “Artificial Intelligence” concept. I’m like seriously is it that big of a deal to actually want to be with the one you’re with? Why pretend or stay together based on convenience and comfort. While complacency is a killer, it’s the lack of acknowledging that is the real problem.

I’ve always said I refuse to wake up and realize I’m 40 and I’m in a loveless relationship that I’m trapped in. I don’t want to be that person so many of us are out there. Understanding just how artificial your relationships are, make the intelligent choice and find happiness……

1 comment:

Pepper said...

I am worried that you may be a hopeless romantic...