Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I Run Therefore I Am....


I sit in an office and while it gives me every excuse to be fat and lazy I refuse to give in. My life is busy anyone with kids knows that you're a slave to them(how odd how that's backwards, oh well whatever).

So I have to run during my lunch hour(which is nice it helps break up the day). I take a late lunch(I usually head out about 1:30 or so) it helps the day go by faster the only downfall it's hot as hell when I run. I like to think of it as added resistance. Since I live in Flat Florida I have no hills, but I do have heat and humidity. Unlike hills they are constant so in a sick way it's like running uphill all the time. =) I will say that my pace in the summer drops significantly compared to the winter(if you can call it that).

Running has really helped me in many ways(besides the obvious health benefits). It has given me the ability to push myself and do things I didn't think I could do(or want to on most occasions). Out there on the road it's you against yourself(and the road/trail/path/whatever), and you have nothing better to do than think so now is a perfect time. Also thinking helps you keep your mind of the fact your on fire.

With all of this I guess I run for me. At the end of the day it helps me which in turn benefits others but it helps me keep my edge and I love running more than any other form of exercising period(Though a swim in my pool is a close second).

That being said I Run Therefore I Am....

No comments: